Contact person: Niraj Phuyal
• Commune, community project
• Environmental organization
• Spiritual organization
• Overnight facilities
• Volunteers are welcome.
Eco-Reach Foundation is a volunteer-based organization uniquely dedicated to Nepal. We are a non-government/non-profit organization established on June 10, 2014. We are registered at the District Administration Office, Kathmandu (Registration number: 851) and have an affiliation with the Social Welfare Council of Nepal (Registration number: 39566).
Our mission is to support disadvantaged local communities by using volunteers from all over the world.
Our main goals are:
• Work alongside volunteers to support disadvantaged local communities.
• Enable visitors to Nepal to participate in voluntary activities that fit with their skills and timelines.
• Provide opportunities for foreign travelers to enjoy local culture and traditions, whilst giving something positive back to the community.
• Support the local economy through responsible travel.
• Assist volunteers in learning new skills also giving them a voice to help shape our Ecoreach Foundation.
The main scope of the Eco-Reach Foundation are
• Promotion of alternative energy; agroforestry and livestock-based integrated agriculture; organic farming; volunteering in the nature conservation; development of Eco-tourism and green village
• Conservation of natural resources, the land, and water resources and its biodiversity
• Community work and services
• Disaster risk management.
• Tree Plantation: Tree Plantation वृक्षरोपण is dedicated to planting #1 Million Trees by 2023 across Nepal in and around metropolitan cities, for a green, pollution-free and healthy environment. We have saved, protected, and planted millions of trees with over 90% survival rate through our various types of plantations – Urban, Rural Livelihood, And ‘Mass Tree Plantation’.
• Miyawaki Forest: In this method, 3–5 saplings are planted per square meter with a minimum of 20-50 different species, creating a multi-layered green forest with no maintenance required after a 2-3 year period. Miyawaki Dense Forests grow 10 times faster, are 100 times more biodiverse, have 30 times better noise and dust reduction and have 30 times more green surface area, and are 100 organic, Up to 30 times better carbon dioxide absorption as compared to a monoculture plantation.
• आवश्यकता A-Need: Works on the premise that one man’s waste can be another man’s treasure. The main objective of the project is to provide everyday necessities to millions of needy people who face hardship and health risks due to the lack of proper clothing and other basic items in far-flung areas and urban slums of the country. The project is based on the ‘Realize, Reuse, Recycle model.
• Sustainable Solutions: It is the integration of social development, economic growth and environmental protection dimensions to solve a problem. No matter how big or small – every step towards sustainability makes an impact to save our planet and its resources. Responsible companies and individuals are taking steps towards a greener future. It’s time for you to be part of the change, the revolution…
• Sustainable Village and Farmers: The goal of a sustainable village is to set an example for other villages to follow: a village that uses innovative farming methods and agroforestry to make money from its green backyard orchards and other farms and runs a green economy. A village that is clean and green, that uses renewable energy (solar lights), that uses rainwater to increase groundwater, and makes their own water resources.
• Ecosystem Rejuvenation: We concentrate on identifying, planning, and developing strategic ideas to restore and sustainably manage our deteriorated natural environment, including the air, water, and land. In order to minimize climate change and build a sustainable future, we collaborate closely with local government officials and communities to restore these systems.
• Green Celebrations: We can lessen our carbon footprint and practice environmental awareness by organizing green events.
• Green Schools: The Green Schools Program’s objective is to inspire students to move beyond theories and textbooks and concentrate solely on ‘doing’ It is an environmental extra curriculum program directed to subtly sensitize students toward fellow inhabitants of our planet and the environment through hands-on and thought-provoking activities. The Sustainable Green School Model is about a school with green backyard orchards, agroforestry, vegetable and kitchen gardens, a herbal garden, a school that’s clean and green, and a school that promotes environmental conversations, protection, and green extra curriculum projects and activities. A green school may also create its own alternate green energy (i.e. solar energy).
• Bag for Cause – o plastic FREE, save nature, empower underprivileged women: We identify needy women in rural and urban areas, provide design training sessions for bag stitching and also try to give them sewing machines.
Niraj Phuyal is the Founder and CEO of Eco-Reach Foundation.